WELCOME TO PALISADES VILLAGE!
We are a caring organization that focuses on helping older adults live independently, comfortably, and safely in their own homes. We offer inter-generational opportunities to socialize, learn, exercise, volunteer, and enjoy life while building a strong community in the Berkley, Foxhall, Kent, Palisades, Spring Valley, and Wesley Heights neighborhoods of Washington, D.C.
WHAT WE DO
Palisades Village hosts events and programs such as:
- Wellness activities including fitness classes, yoga, and health clinics
- Social gatherings like BBQs, picnics, and holiday parties
- Educational programs, talks, and discussions
- Cultural events and outings like museums and concerts
- Book clubs, cooking, support groups, and more
Our volunteers also provide a variety of services such as:
- Drive members to an appointment or a social event
- Run errands
- Do minor home repairs and maintenance
- Guide members to learn new technology like smartphones, tablets, and TVs
- Visit members to play chess, cards, or a board game
Palisades Village fosters an environment in which all feel safe, valued, and cared for—and are given opportunities to form meaningful connections. We embrace differences in age, race, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, religion, ability, financial means, education, and political perspective.