Why join Palisades Village?
Palisades Village is a vibrant, diverse and multi-aged group of friends and neighbors working together to strengthen and support each other in the neighborhoods that we’ve all called home for years.
Is Palisades Village right for you? Let’s find out. Read through the following set of questions. If you find yourself saying “yes” more often than not, give us a call or send us an email to schedule a time to talk about Palisades Village membership.
- Are you aged 50 or older?
- Do you live in the Berkley, Kent, Foxhall, Palisades, Spring Valley, or Wesley Heights neighborhoods of Washington, D.C.?
- Are you planning to remain in your own home for the foreseeable future?
- Do you consider yourself to be a fairly independent?
- Do you need rides to medical appointments or grocery shopping?
- Are there everyday “household chores” that are becoming more difficult for you to do yourself?
- Are you interested in meeting new people in your neighborhood?
- Could you use a little extra help around your home?
- Would you enjoy attending social events such as dinners and lectures?
- Are you concerned about not “bothering” or “becoming a burden” to your children when you need assistance?
Our goal is to provide safe, simple access to timely, household related services and assistance for older residents gracefully living among us in several Washington, D.C. neighborhoods.
We believe that delivering these services will not only allow people to remain in the comfort of their own homes longer, it will also help strengthen and unite our communities for generations to come.
“When you participate, you’re not just joining the community, you’re building the community.” A Palisades Village member.
Palisades Village currently serves members living in the Berkley, Kent, Foxhall, Palisades, Spring Valley and Wesley Heights neighborhoods.
In addition to our many resident-directed services, Palisades Village also coordinates a full calendar of community events occurring throughout the year, including:
- Clubs such as Yoga, Scrabble, Book Club, Storytelling
- Excursions to local museums and historic houses
- A lecture series with local historians and cultural experts
- Social lunches and happy hours
- Our annual Neighborhood House tour
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Start something new.
Palisades Villagers are also encouraged to develop their own social events for the group. Please visit our calendar to learn about upcoming Palisades Village community events. We hope to see you there!
“You’re never too old to make new friends.” A Palisades Village member.
Questions? Contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-244-3310.
Palisades Village is a registered 501 (c) (3) non-profit, charitable organization.
To make a tax deductible donation, please visit our donation page.